US Candidates Only. This is a remote position. (Yes you can work from home!)
Madrivo Ai is the programmatic arm of the Madrivo Advertising Platform. It’s our Email Supply Side Platform (SSP) that connects direct demand, as well as leading demand side platforms (DSP’s) with email newsletter publishers with targeted programmatic display, native and search ads that readers WANT to see, while transforming the email newsletters into a revenue-driving machine.
Madrivo is looking to add a Publisher Development Sales Manager for our programmatic email division, Madrivo Ai. This is a fantastic opportunity to get in at the ground level and potentially develop and lead the publisher sales team after proven performance.
YOU will be charged with bringing new Direct Publishers to Madrivo Ai’s platform and negotiating business terms and contracts. You should have an established track record of driving revenue, closing deals and building a strong sales pipeline with high volume digital publishers programmatically.
YOU are driven, self-motivated, like to build and shape organizations, have a passion and penchant for technology, an understanding of the display and programmatic landscape (email a plus), excellent communication skills and ease with explaining complex topics clearly and concisely, as well as significant rolodex of key decision makers at premium and high volume QUALITY direct publishers with monetization opportunities.
- Use your existing and new publisher relationships to reach the programmatic decision maker at companies who have email newsletters.
- Manage the sales process including all aspects of sales from lead generation, cold calls, general outreach to new prospects, conduct meetings, entertain clients etc.
- Work with potential clients to clearly understand objectives and KPIs and then communicate the benefits of working with Madrivo Ai.
- Attend conferences and events on behalf of Madrivo Ai
- Manage the acquisition and onboarding of new email newsletter publishers while following the publisher screening process.
- Manage a high volume sales pipeline and consistently close new business to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Build presentations, proposals, and models; and negotiate contracts.
- Comprehend the technology, revenue ecosystem, and client needs/requirements in order to be able to intelligently set long-term partnership goals.
- Be a role model and representative of the Madrivo Ai culture both internally and externally.
- A minimum of 3 years of digital publisher sales with many connections to existing high volume direct publishers.
- 1 year experience selling programmatic advertising to direct high volume publishers.
- Large rolodex of high volume, quality, publisher relationships.
- Proven communication, presentation, email/phone etiquette, and basic sales skills.
- Ability to quickly absorb product information and relay value propositions to prospects and clients.
- Detail oriented and analytical sales person to build and maintain sales funnel and optimize sales process.
- Strong analytical skills to collect business intelligence by conversing with clients and monitoring/identifying trends in data and generated reports.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Docs/Sheets
- Bachelor's degree preferred but will consider you if your experience and book of business exceeds our expectations.
The ideal candidate would have the following personality traits/characteristics:
- 100% committed to Madrivo, unwavering focus on contributing to the brand’s collective success, loyal and supportive to team members
- Going above and beyond in everything he or she does to meet and exceed personal and team goals
- Possess an ownership mentality; treat company resources and team members with care
- Ambition to be the best version of his or herself in their job role and as a positive influence on Madrivo’s culture
- Push self to achieve personal goals consistently; evolve and break boundaries to exceed goals when possible
- Always looking to excel in his or her role, advance knowledge and skillset; consistently seeking growth opportunities, professionally and personally
- Solution-oriented; proactive in addressing and resolving issues or road blocks that arise
- Openness to constructive feedback; motivation to improve weaknesses and harness strengths for the well-being of Madrivo’s team
- Creative thinker; innovative and consistently suggesting new ways to do things
- Accountability; ability to admit faults, learn from mistakes, and make a concrete effort to improve
- Responsiveness and strong communication skills; accessibility to team and clients
- Organization and time-management skills; ability to balance multiple priorities at once and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
To apply, first draft a cover letter that covers each of the following items (NOTE: these requirements are different than the requirements listed on our application and must be included in the cover letter for consideration)
1. Your annual income for the past two years and your base salary range expectations
2. Why Madrivo should consider adding you to our team
3. A fun fact about you
4. Specific and quantifiable information about your recent track record
5. Details about your book of business and noteworthy clients
Click here to submit your application, including the cover letter.
To view all the benefits of working at Madrivo, click here.